WGCL Employment Opportunities
Full-time On-air Host
News/Talk WGCL Bloomington, IN is searching for a full-time on-air host. We are looking for hosts who can create compelling spoken-word content that engages and connects with the local community.
– Previous on-air experience in a news or talk format
– Experience working with WideOrbit and Adobe Audition or similar audio programs
– Passion for entertaining, informative, community focused radio.
Interested candidates should send a cover letter, resume and MP3 audio demo to Program Director Rob Humphrey: email@example.com. No calls please. Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Full-time and Part-time Account Executives:
WGCL and Rock 96-1 The Quarry/Bloomington
Locally-owned and operated WGCL (98.7 and AM 1370) and Rock 96-1 The Quarry are looking for both full-time and part-time account executives to help develop commercial, non-traditional, and digital revenue. Successful candidates:
• Have had success in selling their particular industry
• Possess a solid work ethic and are self-motivated
• Understand what it takes to develop and nurture mutually-beneficial business relationships
In this non-corporate, Bloomington-based position, you’ll help local businesses grow through the power of advertising on WGCL, Rock 96-1 The Quarry, and WTTS (92.3). You’ll also have the opportunity to sell a vast array of digital products through our new ST Digital arm. Whether you’re looking for a full-time career or a part-time opportunity, we will craft and customize the right scenario for the right candidate.
Send an introductory email along with your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Advertising Sales Account Executive – Bloomington, Indiana
News Talk 96.1 & AM1370 WGCL is seeking individuals with a desire to break into the world of professional sales. Candidates for this entry level position must have a deep desire to be the best and a willingness to work as long as it takes to get the job done. To be considered you must possess a strong desire to be successful, have the work ethic of a leader and be competitive. This position will include new business development and web sales.
Please submit resume to DMyers@wgclradio.com or call 812-332-3366 and ask to speak with a Manager.
Sarkes Tarzian is an equal opportunity employer, women and minorities are encouraged to apply.
These full-time positions include a full benefit package. EOE.
Part-Time Board Operator/High School Sports Producer – Bloomington, IN
WGCL is seeking part-time board operators for evening, weekend, and overnight shifts. The position requires the careful and diligent observation of two broadcast facilities, basic commercial production, reconciling commercial traffic logs, and other duties assigned by the programming department. Training will be provided.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, morning, or overnight shifts as needed.
- Ability to monitor audio and utilize computer software to ensure quality and consistency of broadcasts.
- Ability to multitask and work well under occasionally stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to answer listener phone calls and address their questions in a polite and courteous manner.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with digital audio editing software
- Previous radio experience
- Currently living in the Bloomington and Monroe county area
Applicants should send resumes (as .doc or .pdf files.) to Rob Humphrey, WGCL Program Director, at email@example.com. WGCL is an equal opportunity employer.