WGCL Employment Opportunities
Full-time and Part-time Account Executives:
WGCL and Rock 96-1 The Quarry/Bloomington
Locally-owned and operated WGCL (98.7 and AM 1370) and Rock 96-1 The Quarry are looking for both full-time and part-time account executives to help develop commercial, non-traditional, and digital revenue. Successful candidates:
• Have had success in selling their particular industry
• Possess a solid work ethic and are self-motivated
• Understand what it takes to develop and nurture mutually-beneficial business relationships
In this non-corporate, Bloomington-based position, you’ll help local businesses grow through the power of advertising on WGCL, Rock 96-1 The Quarry, and WTTS (92.3). You’ll also have the opportunity to sell a vast array of digital products through our new ST Digital arm. Whether you’re looking for a full-time career or a part-time opportunity, we will craft and customize the right scenario for the right candidate.
Send an introductory email along with your resume to Duncan Myers. Sarkes Tarzian, Inc. is an equal-opportunity employer.
Part-Time Board Operator/High School Sports Producer – Bloomington, IN
WGCL is seeking part-time board operators for evening, weekend, and overnight shifts. The position requires the careful and diligent observation of two broadcast facilities, basic commercial production, reconciling commercial traffic logs, and other duties assigned by the programming department. Training will be provided.
- Applicants must be willing and able to work evenings, weekends, morning, or overnight shifts as needed.
- Ability to monitor audio and utilize computer software to ensure quality and consistency of broadcasts.
- Ability to multitask and work well under occasionally stressful and time-sensitive situations.
- Ability to answer listener phone calls and address their questions in a polite and courteous manner.
Preferred, but not required:
- Experience with digital audio editing software
- Previous radio experience
- Currently living in the Bloomington and Monroe county area
Applicants should send resumes (as .doc or .pdf files.) to WGCL Program Director, Kent Sterling. WGCL is an equal-opportunity employer.