The WGCL Community Calendar is a great way to get the word out about your events in Bloomington and Monroe County. To post your event on the calendar below, please submit it here.
- 7th – First Annual Dr. Wrasse Memorial Bike 4 Fitness, August 7, 2021, Switchyard Park, 9AM – 1PM In addition to the bike ride, this year’s event will include a celebration of Dr. Wrasse’s life in the Switchyard Park Pavilion. Pavilion activities will include live music by Anna Wrasse and a slide show of Dr. Wrasse’s life. Snacks will be provided. Register here by July 24th to be guaranteed an event t-shirt: https://give.rileykids.org/event/first-annual-dr-wrasse-memorial-bike-4-fitness/e343145
- 7th – Teachers Warehouse annual supply drive is Saturday, August 7th from 10 to 4. Stop by College Mall Kroger, Kroger South or Staples to shop for school supplies going to teachers and their students in Monroe, Brown, Greene, Lawrence and Owen counties. Volunteers will have flyers with items needed. Your help is greatly appreciated. Teachers Warehouse serves the educational and creative needs of children by providing a unique means to transfer donated surplus merchandise from businesses and individuals for use by students in classrooms and schools.
- 21st – Junk In the Trunk at Switchyard Park from 8am-1pm. Inside booths are limited but there is plenty of room outside for yard sale vendors to set up and sell furniture, books, clothing, toys, household goods, and more. Junk in the Trunk vendor spaces are $20 per space. Outdoor spaces are located along the pavilion wall and in the adjacent area. All vendor spaces are approximately 10′ x 10′. Vendor space reservations will be accepted through Aug. 18th, or until all spaces are filled. Register online at Bloomington.in.gov
- 21st – Harmony School invites the community to the 40th Annual Harmony School Golf Outing on Saturday, August 21st 2021 at Cascades Golf Course located at 3550 N Kinser Pike, Bloomington IN 47404. Continental breakfast will begin at 7:30 AM, followed by the shotgun start at 8:30 AM. Sponsorship opportunities are available! Team fees are $600 per foursome which covers green fees, carts, breakfast, refreshments, lunch and one entry per player to win over $5,000 in prizes AND a chance to win a Hole In One Prize. For more information please contact email@example.com or call 812-325-5102 or visit www.harmonyschool.org/golf.
- 14th – 19th – The 37th Annual Community Book Fair is back on, bigger and better than ever! This year there is at least one third more books and twice as much media! Come to the Monroe County Fairgrounds in the Commercial Building West and East on October 14 – 19, 2021.
- VET to VET Adjusting back to civilian life can be a challenge, so Vet to Vet focuses on topics that only other Veterans can relate too. Vet to Vet is supported by the VA, but is run by Veterans. Vet to Vet in the Bloomington area meets every Thursday night from 6 to 7 pm at Ivy Tech’s main campus in room A118.
- Single Seniors Club When: Fourth Wednesday Monthly, 1:00 – 2:00 pm Where: Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, IN 47429 Who: Sandy Stevens, organizer Cost: FREE! Donations to the center gratefully accepted. About: Are you a senior who finds yourself wishing for the friendly company of other seniors? Come socialize and make new friends! For Additional Information: 812-876-3383, ext 515 The Club also meets for early dinners on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 3:00 pm at differing locations.
- Nia-The Love your body workout returns to the Endwright Center Tuesday afternoons, 4-5 pm; 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville;. Certified Black Belt instructor, Angela Williams, leads an exhilarating, workout, combining dance, martial arts, and healing arts. Nia is FUN and teaches you to listen to your body to achieve your fitness goals. $5/pay per class. 812-876-3383
- Parkinson’s Support When: 3:00-4:00 pm, Second Thursdays Where: The Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, 47429 Who: Heather Gaunt (McCormick’s Creek Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center) Cost: FREE About: This group is designed to offer community, companionship, education, understanding and hopefully many new friendships as well! Anyone living with Parkinson’s is invited to join. Call to register, or for more information: 876-3383 ex. 515
- The Smithville Museum and History Center at Red Men Hall in Smithville, Indiana,is open the first Monday of every month from noon to 4 PM and the second Saturday from 10AM to 2 PM. Admission is free is everyone is welcome.
- Caregivers’ Monthly Luncheon & Support Group This monthly lunch group provides a welcoming, safe space for family/friends caring for loved ones to share and connect with other caregivers in a safe and confidential environment. 11:30am-1pm, first Wednesdays; Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville. FREE, donations appreciated. 812-876-3383, ext 582.
- Healing Grief Support Group from 11:00am-12:00pm, Second Tuesday Monthly at the Area 10 Agency on Aging, Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, 47429. Cost: FREE (donations gratefully accepted). Facilitator Rick Clayton (Southern Care Hospice Chaplain) provides a safe space for grievers to share, grow, and move through the many layers of emotion when dealing with loss.
- New Hope Family Shelter is seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as site supervisors. Volunteers help families make plans to address the problems that led to their homelessness. Volunteers commit to a consistent weekly volunteer shift between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- WonderLab’s Discovery Time – Bring your prescool-age child to enjoy a hands-on activity, book, or both with a different science topic each week. Siblings are welcome. The events runs 10:30am to 11am every Wednesday. Call 812-337-1337 ext.25 for more information. WonderLab is at 308 West Fourth Street.
- American Red Cross Blood Donation – Help save lives by donating blood with the Monroe County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Indiana University Health – IU Health has community health events year-round that include health screenings, support groups, and other activities.