The WGCL Community Calendar is a great way to get the word out about your events in Bloomington and Monroe County. To post your event on the calendar below, please submit it here.
- 4th – The Sons of The American Legion are playing their state golf tournament on June 4th at Bloomington’s Cascades Golf Course. If you’re a member of the American Legion Family, why not get a team together and come out and play? If you’re a veteran, you’re eligible to join The American Legion. If you have a spouse, a parent, or grandparent who served in the military, you’re eligible to join a branch of The American Legion Family. Join today and then come and play…June 4 at Cascades.
- 10th – 41st Annual MCHC Garage Sale June 10, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm June 11, 8:00 am to 4:30 pm June 13, 9:00 am to 1:00 pm Location: 4015 Profile Parkway, old GE Plant off W 3rd Street The largest garage sale in Monroe County returns to 4015 Profile Parkway. The warehouse is packed with treasures that are just waiting to be claimed. From antiques to household items, there is something for everyone! Current MCHC members and Cook employees receive an early access day on June 8! Join today at monroehistory.org/join-and-give/. All items are donated from the public and proceeds of the annual Garage Sale support the preservation of the collections, programs, and exhibits of the Monroe County History Center.
- 9th – Stonebelt Shrine club is a non profit organization and we are having a car show at the Monroe county fairgrounds will you please help us spread the word. Saturday July 9 noon to 5 cars trucks jeeps and motorcycles. We have big Ds bbq Juanita’s authentic Mexican 4H goat club will have a lemonade stand and serving hotdogs and hamburgers Hoosier bar and grill will be there with their beer trailer and grill Live music from Reece Phillips
- VET to VET Adjusting back to civilian life can be a challenge, so Vet to Vet focuses on topics that only other Veterans can relate too. Vet to Vet is supported by the VA, but is run by Veterans. Vet to Vet in the Bloomington area meets every Thursday night from 6 to 7 pm at Ivy Tech’s main campus in room A118.
- Single Seniors Club When: Fourth Wednesday Monthly, 1:00 – 2:00 pm Where: Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, IN 47429 Who: Sandy Stevens, organizer Cost: FREE! Donations to the center gratefully accepted. About: Are you a senior who finds yourself wishing for the friendly company of other seniors? Come socialize and make new friends! For Additional Information: 812-876-3383, ext 515 The Club also meets for early dinners on the 2nd and 4th Wednesdays at 3:00 pm at differing locations.
- Nia-The Love your body workout returns to the Endwright Center Tuesday afternoons, 4-5 pm; 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville;. Certified Black Belt instructor, Angela Williams, leads an exhilarating, workout, combining dance, martial arts, and healing arts. Nia is FUN and teaches you to listen to your body to achieve your fitness goals. $5/pay per class. 812-876-3383
- Parkinson’s Support When: 3:00-4:00 pm, Second Thursdays Where: The Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, 47429 Who: Heather Gaunt (McCormick’s Creek Rehabilitation & Skilled Nursing Center) Cost: FREE About: This group is designed to offer community, companionship, education, understanding and hopefully many new friendships as well! Anyone living with Parkinson’s is invited to join. Call to register, or for more information: 876-3383 ex. 515
- The Smithville Museum and History Center at Red Men Hall in Smithville, Indiana,is open the first Monday of every month from noon to 4 PM and the second Saturday from 10AM to 2 PM. Admission is free is everyone is welcome.
- Caregivers’ Monthly Luncheon & Support Group This monthly lunch group provides a welcoming, safe space for family/friends caring for loved ones to share and connect with other caregivers in a safe and confidential environment. 11:30am-1pm, first Wednesdays; Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville. FREE, donations appreciated. 812-876-3383, ext 582.
- Healing Grief Support Group from 11:00am-12:00pm, Second Tuesday Monthly at the Area 10 Agency on Aging, Endwright Center, 631 W. Edgewood Dr, Ellettsville, 47429. Cost: FREE (donations gratefully accepted). Facilitator Rick Clayton (Southern Care Hospice Chaplain) provides a safe space for grievers to share, grow, and move through the many layers of emotion when dealing with loss.
- New Hope Family Shelter is seeking dedicated volunteers to serve as site supervisors. Volunteers help families make plans to address the problems that led to their homelessness. Volunteers commit to a consistent weekly volunteer shift between 8 a.m. and 10 p.m.
- WonderLab’s Discovery Time – Bring your prescool-age child to enjoy a hands-on activity, book, or both with a different science topic each week. Siblings are welcome. The events runs 10:30am to 11am every Wednesday. Call 812-337-1337 ext.25 for more information. WonderLab is at 308 West Fourth Street.
- American Red Cross Blood Donation – Help save lives by donating blood with the Monroe County Chapter of the American Red Cross
- Indiana University Health – IU Health has community health events year-round that include health screenings, support groups, and other activities.